Notifications
Clear all

7034R Rotor Fit with stock Dakota bearings and seal

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@daklexic)
Topic starter  

I noticed the warning here about machining required for the inner bearing fit on the 7034R rotor and started looking for an alternate so I can keep the common 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern. If you have come up with anything new please let me know.

I starting looking at dimensions in the 2017 Bendix catalog (MANY pages!) and came up with a close match with their PRT1146 and starting looking for a cross using an online parts vendor which led me to a somewhat familiar application, mid '70s fullsize Chrysler car. I chose 1974 New Yorker for a test application and that listing revealed both the Bendix PRT1146 AND the Raybestos 7034R rotors (among others) for the application. Looking further and this application also lists the same Timken wheel bearings (Set11 and Set16) and National seal (3087) as my '93 Dakota.

For reference see the 2017 Bendix catalog (free at their website) and scroll to page 614 to find the critical dimensions on the PRT1146. From what I can see, all dimensions are near perfect with the only thing giving me concern is the OUTER bearing bore being right at the max size for cup press fit but again, the listing is paired with the correct Dakota bearings.

I use my Dakota as my dd and shop truck and after recent maintenance including brakes, I don't see it coming out of service for a while but I'm still tempted to get the D52 brackets here and parts for one side (single rotor, caliper, hose etc) at local parts store to do a mock-up.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

(@admin)
Member Admin

IF the callouts for the bearings are the same, then the rotors should fit. 

I haven't had time to sort out the confusion so far.  But with the information I do have, the Raybestos 7034R rotor should fit just fine. 

ReplyQuote
(@daklexic)
Topic starter  

Thanks Steve. When I get to it I will post back with info.

Steve reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: